Saturday, May 30, 2020

07-02-15: The Moon Is Movin' The Maniacs In A Shitty Decline

"I'd Rather Go Blind" is a song written and first recorded by Etta James and a b-side to her hit single "Tell Mama" from 1968. It has previously appeared on these mixes along with versions by Paul Weller and Rod Stewart. This mix features Rod Stewart's alternate studio version as well as versions by Gemma Ray and Paloma Faith.

The rest: Gil Scott Heron's "Who'll Pay The Reparations On My Soul?" from his 1970 debut album Small Talk On 125th & Lenox, The Alexander Review's determined "A Change Had Better Come". the funky "Prayer" by D'Angelo & The Vanguard, Black Conspirators' sweet "Love", Anita Baker's 1986 single "Sweet Love", Eazy-E's anthemic 1988 Dr. Dre production "Eazy-Duz-It", Men Without Hats' robotic 1983 hit "Safety Dance", the creatively-titled "Disco Music" by RD Burman & Chorus,  Freddie Gibbs' Madlib production "Education" with Yasiin Bey and Black Thought, the sweetly creepy "Midnight Flower" by The Four Tops, Squeeze's wry "If I Didn't Love You", Tarkio's cover of their "Goodbye Girl", Squeeze co-leader Chris Difford's version of their single "Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)", the non-album rare soundtrack song "Till Death Do Us Part" by The Kinks, Annie Eve's cover of their song "This Time Tomorrow", Ezra Furman's furious "Ferguson's Burning" and Bob Dylan's defiant "Only A Pawn In Their Game"

Yankee And The Brave (pt. 4)                                 Run The Jewels
Who'll Pay The Reparations On My Soul?              Gil-Scott Heron
A Change Had Better Come                                     The Alexander Review
Prayer                                                                D'Angelo and the Vanguard
Love                                                                   Black Conspirators
I'd Rather Go Blind (alternate)                          Rod Stewart
Sweet Love                                                        Anita Baker
Eazy-Duz-It                                                       Eazy-E
The Safety Dance                                              Men Without Hats 
Disco Music (aka Are Dil Se Dil Mile)            RD Burman, Chorus
Education        Freddie Gibbs ft. Yasiin Bey, Black Thought & Madlib
Midnight Flower                                                The Four Tops
I'd Rather Go Blind                                           Gemma Ray
If I Didn't Love You                                          Squeeze
Goodbye Girl                                                    Tarkio
Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)                   Chris Difford
I'd Rather Go Blind                                          Paloma Faith
Till Death Do Us Part                                      The Kinks
This Time Tomorrow                                       Annie Eve
Ferguson's Burning                                          Ezra Furman
Only A Pawn In Their Game                           Bob Dylan