"I Saw The Light" is the first track of Todd Rundgren's 1972 double album Something/Anything? and was a top 20 single. It has appeared on a previous mix but this mix features covers by Stan Barber, Teenage Fanclub and Yo La Tengo.
One other song repeats on the mix: the early Kinks demo "Tell Me Now So I Know", here with a cover by Holly Golightly.
"I Used To Work In Chicago" is a drinking song written in the mid 1940s and often performed with alternate bawdy lyrics that vary widely. The version here is by Sammy Kaye and his chorus.
The rest: a demo version of Grateful Dead's "Eyes Of The World", Stereolab's dreamy "Ticker Tape Of The Unconscious, Bishop Nehru's MF DOOM collaboration "Meathead", the loping "Got To See U Soon", the frantic "Disintegration Nation" by The Flesh Eaters, Lupe Fiasco's jazzy "Samurai", the sincere "I Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser" by Brothers Of Soul, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth's funky "Get On The Mic", the seductive "Let's Make Up For Lost Time" by Retta Young, a cover of Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street" by Waylon Jennings, a cover of The Kins' "Strangers" by Wye Oak, Teddy Grace's charming "(I've Been) Dispossessed By You", the raw "Girl" by The Keggs, Scott Walker's ethereal "Plastic Palace People", the heartfelt "Don't Leave Me Mama" by Little Murray & The Antics, a cover of America's "Tin Man' by Chocolate Milk and an acoustic version of "Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)" by George Harrison.