This week's mix features "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down": covers by Joan Baez and Solomon Burke as well as the original by The Band. Also originally by The Band: "The Weight", covered here by The Staple Singers.
A couple other songs are featured here this week: "Love Vigilantes" by New Order with covers by Laura Cantrell and a rare alternate to Iron & Wine's cover version; and Marlena Shaw's "Woman Of The Ghetto", also on here as a cover by Hortense Ellis.
The rest: Darondo's uplifting "How I Got Over", the Jay-Z-sampling Diplo mix of M.I.A.'s "Bingo", the brassy "Let Me Off Uptown" with Anita O'Day and Roy Eldridge, T La Rock's cocky "Breaking Bells", the funky "Hot Stuff" by The Rolling Stones, the groovy "Madison Avenue" by Gil Scott-Heron & Brian Jackson, the J Dilla-produced "Bullshit" by The Pharcyde, Weldon Irvine's sunny "I Love You", Francoise Hardy's yearning "J'Aurais Voulu", a stripped-down mix of "I'll Be There" by The Jackson 5, Johnny Cash's cover of Leonard Cohen's "Bird On A Wire" and the spiritual "Church In The Wildwood" by The Carter Family.