"Killing The Blues" was written by Rowland Salley in 1977 but never recorded by him until 2004. This week's mix features John Prine's 1979 version, a cover by Shawn Colvin recorded in 1994 and a version by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss from their 2007 album Raising Sand.
"Holiday" was written and recorded by The Bee Gees in 1967. This week features covers by Astrud Gilberto and The Clique as well as the original.
One other song repeats this week: the title track to Gil Scott-Heron's final album, released in 2010, "I'm New Here", with a remix by Jamie xx to accompany the original version.
The rest: U2's suggestive "Babyface", the grim "Advance Pawns" by GZA with RZA and Raekwon, Archie Shepp's version of John Coltrane's "Naima", the militant "American Dream And Future" by Madlib featuring OJ Simpson, the Marlena Shaw-sampling "Check The Technique" by Gang Starr, the funky "Baby, This Love I Have" by Minnie Riperton, the defiant "I Ain't No Miracle Worker" by The Brogues, a cover of The Crystals' "Then He Kissed Me" by Hollywood Brats, the blues-inflected "Doncha Bother Me" by The Rolling Stones, the hushed "You've Been A Friend" by The Jesus & Mary Chain, the wistful "Thoughts Of You" by Dennis Wilson, the 80s television show theme "The Greatest American Hero" by Joey Scarbury and a cover of New Order's "Ceremony" by Galaxie 500.
I'm New Here Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx
Babyface U2
Advance Pawns GZA ft. RZA, Raekown & Sen Dog
Naima Archie Shepp
American Dream & Future Madlib ft. OJ Simpson
Holiday Astrud Gilberto
Check The Technique Gang Starr
Baby, This Love I Have Minnie Riperton
Killing The Blues John Prine
Holiday The Clique
I Ain't No Miracle Worker The Brogues
Then He Kissed Me Hollywood Brats
Doncha Bother Me The Rolling Stones
You've Been A Friend The Jesus & Mary Chain
Killing The Blues Shawn Colvin
Thoughts Of You Dennis Wilson
The Greatest American Hero Joey Scarbury
Holiday The Bee Gees
I'm New Here Gil Scott-Heron
Ceremony Galaxie 500
Killing The Blues Robert Plant & Alison Krauss