"Modern Romance" is the closing track for the debut album Fever To Tell for Yeah Yeah Yeahs, released in spring of 2003 just a few months before the debut of these mixes, which now number 578. "Poor Song" was a "hidden track", that appeared after over a minute of silence following "Modern Romance". In the latter MP3 period it was unbundled and treated as a separate song. Both songs bookend this mix with covers of "Modern Romance" by TV On The Radio, The Rapture and The Twilight Sad mixed in with a cover of Fever To Tell hit "Maps" by Macy Gray.
"What'll I Do" is a standard written by Irving Berlin in 1923. This mix features versions by Judy Garland, Chet Baker, Harry Nilsson and Cher.
One other song repeats this week: Nina Simone's "If You Knew", with a live cover by Jeff Buckley.
"Lamento" is the original version of Brazilian singer Tim Maia's "Where Is My Other Half", which has appeared here previously.
The rest: the satiric "Song For A Future Generation" by B52s, the upbeat 1991 hip hop track "Blue Cheese" by UMCs, the dramatic "70s Scenario" by Hall & Oates, Barry White's seductive "I Love You More Than Anything (In This World)", Rev. J.M. Gates' peevish "Men And Women Talk Too Much", Figures Of Light with their rare 1972 proto punk single "It's Lame", the Citizen Kane-inspired "The Union Forever" by The White Stripes, Ultramagnetic MC's Kool Keith showcase "Poppa Large", the goofy "Gorilla" by The Standells, producer Statik Selektah's Run The Jewels collaboration "Put Jewels On It" and an updated version of Squeeze's "Take Me I'm Yours" by one of the song's co-writers Chris Difford.
Modern Romance Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Maps Macy Gray
What'll I Do Judy Garland
Song For A Future Generation B52s
Blue Cheese UMCs
If You Knew Nina Simone
What'll I Do Chet Baker
Lamento Tim Maia
70s Scenario Hall & Oates
I Love You More Than Anything (In This World Girl) Barry White
Men And Women Talk Too Much Rev. J.M. Gates
What'll I Do Harry Nilsson
Modern Romance TV On the Radio
It's Lame Figures Of Light
The Union Forever The White Stripes
Poppa Large Ultramagnetic MCs
Put Jewels On It Satik Selektah ft. Run The Jewels
If You Knew (live) Jeff Buckley
Take Me I'm Yours Chris Difford
Modern Romance The Twilight Sad
Poor Song Yeah Yeah Yeahs