This week's mix features both the acoustic demo and album versions of Big Star's "You Get What You Deserve" and Bruce Springsteen's "Downbound Train".
I've used Colin Meloy's cover of Morrissey's "Every Day Is Like Sunday" before, but the recording on this week's mix is a different performance, slower and crisper. Similarly, I've had versions of "Time For Livin'" by Sly & The Family Stone and "Loving Cup" by The Rolling Stones on past mixes, but this time it's the album version, not the alternate, for the former. The reverse is true for the latter, with the alternate off the newly-released deluxe version of Exile On Main Street.
The rest: the apocalyptic "Approach To Danger" by N.W.A., the post-apocalyptic "Cities In Dust" by Siouxsie And The Banshees, the peevish "I'm A Singer" by M.I.A., the dismissive "Into Yer Shtik" by Mudhoney, a cover of Mudhoney's "Touch Me, I'm Sick" by Gemma Ray, the gentle "I'll Be Your Lover, Too" by Van Morrison, Al Green's sensuous reading of Kris Kristofferson's "For The Good Times", Ronnie Wood's pre-Rolling Stones collaboration with Mick Jagger called "I Can Feel The Fire", Andre 3000's cover of "All Together Now" by The Beatles, RZA's spacey "Try Ya Ya Ya", Darondo's funky "My Momma And My Poppa", the forlorn "Let's Say Goodbye Like We Said Hello" by Ernest Tubbs, the countryish "The Spirit Moves Me" by Beck, the old maritime standard "Rio Grande" by The Foc'sle Singers and the more modern maritime standard "Sail Away" by Styx.