"Oh, Lonesome Me" was written and recorded by Don Gibson in 1958. This week's mix features his hit version along with covers by The Everly Brothers, Ray Charles, Neil Young, Johnny Cash without the studio dubbed background singers and M Ward performing with Lucinda Williams.
"A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday)" was a Holland-Dozier-Holland composition for a Martha & The Vandellas b-side in 1963. This week's mix features another Motown version from 1966 by Kim Weston along with a Phil Spector-produced cover by Ike & Tina Turrner to accompany the original.
One other song repeats across the mix: "Someone To Share My Life With" by Television Personalities along with a cover by Jens Lekman.
The rest: the J Dilla-produced "Modern Day Gangstas" by Notorious B.I.G. with Busta Rhymes and Labba, a cover of Barry White's "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe" by The Afghan Whigs, Barry White's seductive "I Wanna Lay Down With You Baby", the nocturnal "After Hours" by A Tribe Called Quest, a cover of Bob Dylan's "I Want You" by Cher, the funky "Give The Drummer Some" by Ultramagnetic MCs, the languid "What Am I Waiting For" by The Black Exotics, the wry "People's Parties" by Joni Mitchell, the airy "Ecoute Mon Coeur" By Ria Bartok and Michael Jackson performing "Man In The MIrror" live at Wembley Stadium.
Oh, Lonesome Me (undubbed master) Johnny Cash
Someone To Share My Life With Television Personalities
A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday) Martha & The Vandellas
Oh, Lonesome Me Don Gibson
Modern Day Gangstas Notorious B.I.G. ft. Busta Rhymes & Labba
Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe The Afghan Whigs
I Wanna Lay You Down Baby Barry White
After Hours A Tribe Called Quest
Oh, Lonesome Me The Everly Brothers
I Want You Cher
A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday) Kim Weston
Give The Drummer Some Ultramagnetic MCs
What Am I Waiting For The Black Exotics
Oh, Lonesome Me Neil Young
People's Parties Joni Mitchell
Someone To Share My Life With Jens Lekman
Ecoute Mon Coeur Ria Bartok
Oh, Lonesome Me Ray Charles
Man In The Mirror (live) Michael Jackson
A Love Like Yours (Don't Come Knocking Everyday) Ike & Tina Turner
Oh, Lonesome Me M Ward w/ Lucinda Williams