"The Look Of Love" was written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David for the 1967 James Bond spoof Casino Royale. The version in that film was recorded by Dusty Springfield. Previous mixes included the single version by Isaac Hayes and The Zombies performing on the BBC. This mix features Springfield's version along with the full album Hayes version and Nina Simone's studio recording.
"When Will I See You Again?" was a hit single for The Three Degrees in the fall of 1974. A previous mix included the single version as well as a cover by Marcia Griffiths. This mix features a Tom Moulton remix of the single as well as versions by Inner Circle and PJ Harvey.
One other song repeats this week: the album version of Milton Wright's "Friends And Buddies", with an early version as well.
Mobb Deep's "Got It Twisted" remix featuring Twista is built on a sample of Thomas Dolby's 1982 hit "She Blinded Me With Science". Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz' "Deja Vu (Uptown Baby)" is similarly built with a sample of Steely Dan's "Black Cow".
The rest: the guitar backing track to "Over The Hills And Far Away" by Led Zeppelin, Dexter Wansel's bouncy "I'll Never Forget (My Favorite Disco)", the chipper Feelin' Kinda Sunday by Nacny Sinatra with her father Frank, the rocking "Out Of Our Tree" by The Wailers, the wise "Hold On Loosely" by 38 Special, the rhythmic "Some Like It Hot" by The Power Station, Bust Rhymes' sounded "Ill Vibe" with Q-Tip and the reflective "I Drink" by Mary Gauthier.
Over The Hills And Far Away (backing track) Led Zeppelin
The Look Of Love Isaac Hayes
Friends And Buddies Milton Wright
When Will I See You Again? (Tom Moulton remix) The Three Degrees
Look Of Love Nina Simone
I'll Never Forget (My Favorite Disco) Dexter Wansel
Feelin' Kinda Sunday Nancy Sinatra w/ Frank Sinatra
When Will I See You Again? Inner Circle
Out Of Our Tree The Wailers
Hold On Loosely 38 Special
Deja Vu (Uptown Baby) Lord Tariq ft. Peter Gunz
Some Like It Hot The Power Station
Ill Vibe Busta Rhymes ft. Q-Tip
Friends And Buddies (early ver) Milton Wright
Got It Twisted (remix) Mobb Deep ft. Twista
When Will I See You Again? PJ Harvey
I Drink Mary Gauthier
The Look Of Love Dusty Springfield