"Reason To Believe" was written and first recorded by Tim Hardin in 1965. This week's mix features versions by Ricki Lee Jones, Cher, Johnny Cash, Karen Dalton and Rod Stewart.
"Put It On"is a track from the 1973 album Burnin' by The Wailers. That was the fourth and last album before Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer left the group, which then became Bob Marley & The Wailers. This week includes that version along with three other earlier and alternate versions of the song.
Two other songs repeat across the mix: Chuck Berry's "Memphis, Tennessee" with a cover by The Rolling Stones from a BBC session and Strawberry Switchblade's ""Trees And Flowers" with a cover by Dum Dum Girls.
Talib Kweli's "Cold Rain" samples "Keep My Baby Warm" by Charles May & Annette Thomas.
The rest: Stevie Nicks' 1985 hit "Talk To Me", a cover of The Beatles' "And I Love Her" by The Vibrations, the Let's Get It On outtake "You Are That Special One" by Marvin Gaye, the 1993 Buckwild production "You Can't Front" with Sadat X and others, Kool Keith's crude "Bizarre", the atmospheric "Love Remember Me" by Dennis Wilson and Dexter Gordon's version of the jazz standard "I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry".
Reason To Believe Rickie Lee Jones
Put It On Bob Marley & The Wailers
Talk To Me Stevie Nicks
Trees And Flowers (extended mix) Strawberry Switchblade
Reason To Believe Cher
Memphis, Tennessee (BBC Session) The Rolling Stones
Put It On Bob Marley & The Wailers
And I Love Her The Vibrations
You Are That Special One Marvin Gaye
You Can't Front Buckwild ft. Diamond D, Lord Finesse & Sadat X
I'm Gonna Put It On Bob Marley & The Wailers
Bizarre Kool Keith
Keep My Baby Warm Charles May & Annette May Thomas
Cold Rain Talib Kweli
Memphis Tennessee Chuck Berry
Reason To Believe Johnny Cash
Put It On (alt) Bob Marley & The Wailers
Love Remember Me Dennis Wilson
Reason To Believe Karen Dalton
Trees And Flowers Dum Dum Girls
I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry Dexter Gordon
Reason To Believe Rod Stewart