Other stuff: an instrumental version of The Rolling Stones' "Jumping Jack Flash" by the German band Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra, "The Less You See" by the fantastically named I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness, The Cure's punky "Plastic Passion", Travis Biggs' spacey take on The Steve Miller Band's "Fly Like An Eagle", Ramsey Lewis' deep instrumental cover of The Beatles' "Cry Baby Cry", Darondo's funky "Legs (Part 1)", The Originals with a song written and produced for them by Marvin Gaye: "Baby I'm For Real", Q-Tip's bouncy "Let's Ride", Prince Paul's odd pastiche "My Friend The Popmaster", Pat Benatar's ass-kicking "Heartbreaker", Paul Westerberg's live take of his old band The Replacements' "Adrogynous", Billy Paul's bizarre and uplifting version of Paul McCartney & Wings' "Let 'Em In". The civil rights sounds bites are either trivialized by their inclusion or rather, the meaning of the song takes on new profundities without losing a bit of fun.
Franz Ferdinand's ubiquitous but enduring "Take Me Out" is here as well as Mark Ronson's mash up of this song with Outkast's "B.O.B." and "Roses", called "Take You Home".
There are two versions of the old Bobby Darin hit, written by Tim Hardin, "If I Were A Carpenter": one by The Four Topps, the other by Johnny Cash with June Carter Cash.
Also: a live Dean Martin medley used on a season-ending episode of The Sopranos called "Drink To Me With Thine Only Eyes/Pennies From Heaven (Bourbon)/ Hello Dolly (Heaven)".
Fuckintosh mixes Johnny Cash and AC/DC to hypnotic effect on "Track 19".
Goldfrapp's "Mum 1" remix of "Number 1" is also hypnotic in its beauty and aching romanticism.
Speaking of that: back to the Cash/Carter version of "If I Were A Carpenter". This is deeper than any wedding vow they took.