The standard "My Old Flame" anchors this mix with versions by Duke Ellington with Ivie Anderson on vocal, Billie Holiday, Charlie Parker and Sonny Rollins. Only one of those performers is still alive and I have to see Sonny Rollins play at least once while I still can.
The only other repeating title this week is "Trouble", two very different songs from the same mid 70s era: Frederick Knight's funky Stax ballad and Cat Stevens' pensive song from his pre-Muslim days.
Other stuff: the old Baby Washington hit "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face" once covered by Dusty Springfield here covered by Aretha Franklin, Madlib's mashing up of a battle track called "Nas vs. Jay-Z #2", the Rev. D.C. Rice And His Sanctified Congregation with the joyous "He's Got His Eyes On You", Red Foley's mournful "Old Shep", Patti Smith's cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", DJ Voicedude's mashing up of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones into something called "Nowhere Beast", Rosalyn Sweat & The Paragon's covering The Beatles with "Blackbird Singing", J Dilla's snippet "One Eleven", Roy Ayers' groovy "Coffy Is The Color", DJ Mugg's remix of GZA's "All In Together Now", the obscure "Freakish Love" by Rhythm Machine, Tegan And Sara's Prince cover "When You Were Mine", A Certain Ratio's tense "Shack Up", Voices Of Conquest with the ebullient "O Yes My Lord", Bruce Springsteen's reflective "Two Faces", and Bob Dylan's cryptic "Series Of Dreams".