"Gentle On My Mind" was written in the late 60s by folk singer John Hartford. On this mix I have the most famous version, the Glen Campbell hit, as well as a cover by Dean Martin and a later career duet between Johnny Cash and Glen Campbell. On other mixes I have versions by Aretha Franklin and Lou Rawls.
Also here are three very different takes of "I Want You To Want Me" by Cheap Trick: the famous live version, the more mellow album version and a sped-up early version.
Also in the vein of power pop is the Paul Westerberg B-side "Seein' Her", as well as a live take of that song. More of his early solo stuff here includes another non-album track, "Stain Your Blood, as well as the understated but devastating "Things".
Also: Quasimoto's anthemic "The Clown (Episode C)", Norma Fraser's reggae cover of Otis Redding's "Respect", a DJ Premier remix of Otis' "Try A Little Tenderness", British garage rock "It's A Sin To Go Away" by We All Together, Peter Tosh's upbeat "Brand New Second Hand", Masta Ace's spare "Born To Roll", Curtis Mayfield's epic "Freddie's Dead", Jaylib's improbably bag-pipe infused rap "Survival Test", Nirvana rarity "Opinion", Jackie Mitto's instrumental cover of Barry White's "Deeper And Deeper", Barry's suave "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More, Baby", Chad & Jeremy's innocent "A Summer Song", and Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell's gorgeous "If This World Were Mine".