A few Bob Dylan songs on this mix from a few years back. In addition to his rollicking "Sarah Jane" and to his wordlessly sung "Wigwam", there is a cover of his "Girl From The North Country" by The Country Gentlemen, a cover of his "Nashville Skyline Rag" by Earl Scruggs and a duet with Johnny Cash on the Jimmie Rodgers standard "Blue Yodel (T For Texas)".
Paul Westerberg's songwriting is featured as well with two very different versions of his Sylvia Plath homage "Crackle & Drag" as well as the early Replacements bootleg "If Only You Were Lonely".
Songs done more than once include Hall & Oates' dramatic "She's Gone", also covered by Tavares and Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell's duet "You're All I Need To Get By", updated as "I'll Be There For You/ You're All I Need" by Method Man with Mary J. Blige.
Other stuff: Al Green's empathetic "Have You Been Making Out O.K.?", The Pharcyde's wry "Passin' Me By", Josh Rouse's mellow "1972", Carole King's sweet "You've Got A Friend", Johnny Cash's Rolling Stones cover "No Expectations, The Stones with their saracastic country song "Far Away Eyes", Don Covay's ill-fated "I Was Checkin' Out While She Was Checkin' In", Grant Lee Buffalo's wistful "Honey Don't Think", the haunting "Shadows" by Yo La Tengo and Jack Logan's melancholy "Town Crier".