Monday, May 18, 2009

05-17-07: But Except In Dreams You're Never Really Free

This mix from a couple years ago features a demo version of "Rock & Roll" by The Velvet Underground as well as a live cover by Jane's Addiction.

Other stuff: a spooky cover of The Marvelettes' "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game" by Blondie, the weight loss primer "Try The Worryin' Way" by The Fabulettes, Tupac's snide "I Ain't Mad At Cha", Iggy Pop's chaotic "Loose" with The Stooges, the aptly titled "Rock Music" by the Pixies, Donna Summer's celebratory "Dim All The Lights", Jean & The Gaytones even more celebratory Art Garfunkel cover "I Shall Sing", the poppy "Painted Soldiers" by Pavement from the Brain Candy film soundtrack, Scout Niblett's odd and rocking Cars cover "Just What I Needed", Marvin Gaye's assertive "I'm Gonna Give You Respect", Herbie Hancock's percussive "Rockit", J Dilla's "Cum On Feel The Noize" interpolation called "Wild", Funkadelic's goofy "Undisco Kidd", Matthew Ryan's Clash cover "Somebody Got Murdered", Ghostface Killah's swaggering "Be Easy" with Trife, soulful obscurity "Be My Lady" by Dynamic Tints & Pieces Of Peace, a demo version of "Desperadoes Under The Eaves" by Warren Zevon, the prom ballad "Drive" by The Cars and Charlie Parker's haunting rendition of Neal Hefti's "Repetition".

The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game Blondie