This week's mix has a lot of John Lennon on it: his sadly posthumous hit "(Just Like) Starting Over", also covered by The Flaming Lips; a demo version of "Oh, My Love", also covered as an instrumental by Yoshida Brothers; and one of his contributions to The Beatles' White Album, Sexy Sadie, in its original form along with a cover by Paul Weller.
Neil Young's "Harvest Moon" is on here three times: besides the original album version I have covers by Cassandra Wilson and Rufus Wainwright.
Joe Hicks' Stax single "Ruby Dean" is on here as well as a good cover by Bobby Womack.
Dr. Dre's "The Watcher" is not exactly covered as much as it is redone, as a sequel called "The Watcher 2" by Jay-Z, featuring Dr. Dre and a guest verse by Rakim.
Other stuff: Roy Orbison's dramatic "It's Over", a live cover of Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Clare And The Reasons, soundtrack work from the classic 70s film Klute called "Goldfarb's Record" by Michael Small, Harlem Underground doing an instrumental cover of Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine", The Chi-Lites' wistful "Go Away Dream", ex-Replacement Tommy Stinson's band Bash & Pop with the tender "First Steps", a demo take of "I Heard Love Is Blind" by Amy Winehouse, Stevie Wonder's giddy "I Love Every Little Thing About You", and ex-Pyschedelic Furs' singer Richard Butler's band Love Spit Love with the gorgeous "Am I Wrong". I'll answer the musical question: I am not.