This week's mix has four versions of the old folk standard "Down On The Banks Of The Ohio": the original by the Blue Sky Boys off the famous Harry Smith anthology, a version by Johnny Cash with The Carter Family, another Johnny Cash version performed solo, and a take by Otis Clay.
This week's other repeating song is Otis Redding's "I've Been Loving You Too Long": both the original and an understated cover by a very young Mick Jagger with The Rolling Stones.
Other stuff: the layered "Rain" by The Beatles, INXS's hyper-romantic "Never Tear Us Apart", Evan Dando's Victoria Williams cover "Frying Pan", a demo version of Lou Reed's "Crazy Feeling", O.V. Wright's soulful "I'll Take Care Of You", Wax Tailor's sound collage "Que Sera", Marvin Gaye's snippet "I Wanna Be Where You Are", Pharrell's bouncy "That Girl" with Snop Dogg, the silly "The Bertha Butt Boogie-Part 1" by The Jimmy Castor Bunch, N.A.S.A.'s bizarre pairing of Kool Keith with Tom Waits on "Spacious Thoughts", Merle Haggard's sweet "I've Got A Yearning", Blind Willie Johnson's soothing "Trouble Will Soon Be Over", Gram Parsons with The Flying Burrito Brothers covering Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released", John Coltrane's version of "Love" with his classic quartet, the full version with back-up singers of "Just A Gigolo" by Marlene Dietrich, and Sly & The Family Stone's definitive and soulful reading of the standard "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)". That never sounded more wise than right now.