Last year's mix is bookened with songs by The Rolling Stones: the romantic slave ship tale "Brown Sugar" and a bluesy cover of their "Honky Tonk Women" by Taj Mahal.
I have two live versions of James Brown's "Get On The Good Foot": one by him and one by Harrison High School band.
Other stuff: the sly "Centerfold" by J. Geils Band, Outkast's swinging "Idlewild Blue (Don'tchu Worry 'Bout Me)", the witty "Little Miss Queen Of Darkness" by The Kinks, PJ Harvey's passionate "Big Exit", Aretha Franklin's assertive "A Change", MF Grimm's romantic "It's No Secret", the elegant "Blue Rondo A La Turk" by The Dave Brubeck Quartet, Lupe Fiasco's upbeat "I Gotcha", Anita O'Day with Ben Homer & His Orchestra on the regretful "Once There Lived A Fool", Jackson Browne's mournful "Bright Baby Blues", Dean Wareham's cover of Pink Floyd's "Hey You", Marlene Dietrich's tender "Das Ist Berlin Wie's Weint, Das Ist Berlin Wie's Lacht", Liz Phair's spare "Animal Girl", Sonny Rollins' playful "I'm An Old Cowhand (From The Rio Grande)", Pink Anderson & Simmie Dooley's bluesy "Gonna Tip Out Tonight" and a demo version of "Mother Nature's Son" by The Beatles.