Saturday, October 24, 2009

10-13-05: I Want To Know What Became Of The Changes We Waited For Love To Bring

This mix from four years ago features the music of Jackson Browne with his "Doctor My Eyes" and a solo acoustic version of "The Pretender" as well as a cover of "Doctor My Eyes" by The Jackson Five. Their "I Want You Back" is covered her by Bobby Shad & The Bad Men.

I've also included Bob Dylan's cryptic "One More Cup Of Coffee" as well as a cover by The White Stripes.

Other stuff: T. Rex's spooky "Cosmic Dancer", Dangermouse's remix of Jay-Z's "December 4th" with The Beatles, the original Shreveport demo of "Cool Water" by Hank Williams, a live version of The Replacemetns "Left Of The Dial" by ex-Replacement Paul Westerberg, the surf-inflected "Pabst Blue Ribbon" by The Untamed Youth, the groovy cover of Roberta Flack's "Feel Like Making Love" by Ricardo Marreo And His Group, Al Green's warm "I'm Glad You're Mine", Spoon's funky "I Turn My Camera On", Donovan's catchy "Barbajagal", Danger Doom's nostalgic "Old School" featuring Talib Kweli, a mellow instrumental version of Dr. Dre's "Bitch Niggas", Lowrell's laid back "Mellow Mellow Right On", Sun Ra's ethreal "Where Is Tomorrow?" and The Go! Team's spooky "Hold Yr Terror Close".

Doctor My Eyes The Jackson Five