This mix from last year features four versions of the standard "Blue Moon" by Elvis Presley, Billie Holiday, Clifford Brown and Bob Dylan. Just for fun, I also threw in a different song by the same title written by Alex Chilton and performed by his group Big Star.
Dylan is also featured more than once. In addition to his take of "Blue Moon", I have a rare piano-based take of his song "Dignity" as well as a more recent composition, ""Beyond The Horizon".
A couple of other songs are featured here more than once. David Bowie's "China Girl" is also here in a cover by Anna Ternheim. Randy Newman's bittersweet "Love Is Blind" was never officially released on an album, but his demo version is on this mix as well as a great cover by Aretha Franklin's older sister Erma. And the mix is bookended with two versions of The Everly Brothers' "Stick With Me Baby": the original and a hushed, gorgeous cover by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.
Other stuff: Bo Diddley's rhythmic "Pretty Thing", the percussive "One, Two" by The Cool Kids, the I Dream Of Jeannie-sampling "Girls Ain't Nuthin' But Trouble" by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, Neil Diamond's melodic "Song Sung Blue", the posthumous collaboration "Just A Memory" by The Notorious B.I.G. with Clipse, the odd but sweet "Sarah" by Ween, Prince's heartfelt "Forever In My Life", Donovan's detached "Sidewalk (The Observation)", the psychedliec rarity "No One Was There" by Gates Of Eden, Blind Willie Johnson's spiritual "Lord I Just Can't Keep From Crying", and Lorraine Ellison's spare and moving "God Can Stop The Rain From Falling".