Last year's mix features three versions of the rare Kinks song "I Go To Sleep". In addition to both the original and the hit version by The Pretenders, I have a version by Cher. The other Kinks song on here is the jaunty "Sweet Lady Genevieve".
The other song on here three times is Smokey Robinson's hit with The Miracles "Ooo Baby Baby". The cover versions here are by Laura Nyro and the obscure San Francisco T.K.O.'s.
The last song to repeat this week is Duke Ellington's lovely "Tonight I Shall Sleep (With A Smile On My Face)" also covered by Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto.
Other stuff: Belly's melodic "Feed The Tree", Frida's Pill Collins-produced "I Know There's Something Going On", an acoustic version of "Well Well Well" by John Lennon, Public Image Ltd's sneering "The Suit", Real Live's funky "Money & Shows", a remix of Heatwave's "Ain't No Half Steppun'" by DJ Premier, Wu-Tang Clan's prehistoric-themed "Gravel Pit", Ace's mellow break-up ballad "How Long", Lord Shafiyq's boastful "My Mic Is On Fire", a remix of Marlena Shaw's "California Soul" by Diplo, Gang Starr's jazzy "Words I Manifest", a demo fo "Country Comfort" by Elton John, and Tower Of Power's sweet "You're Still A Young Man".
Tonight I Shall Sleep With A Smile On My Face (w/ Tommy Dorsey and Johhny Hodges) Duke Ellington & His Band