Donny Hathaway is featured on this mix from five years ago. In addition to a live version of his classic "The Ghetto" and a sweet live cover of Carole King's "You've Got A Friend" I have included the snippet called "Interview" where he reflects on his musical influences.
Other stuff: Donovan's moody "Sunny Goodge Street", Richie Havens' cover of Donovan's "Wear Your Love Like Heaven", Yo La Tengo's Beach Boys cover "Little Honda", Cream's buoyant "I Feel Free", Tom Petty's sly "Yer So Bad", Led Zeppelin's reflective "Tangerine", Notorious B.I.G.'s swaggering "Hypnotize", the goofy "The Sound Of Sinners" by The Clash, the crunchy "Saints" by The Breeders, Tom Waits guesting with The Replacements on a "Date To Church", Prince's convincing cover of Joan Osborne's "One Of Us", a rare acoustic version of Van Morrison's "Crazy Love" with Bob Dylan, Odetta covering Bob Dylan's "Paths Of Victory", Marcia Griffiths with a sweet reggae cover of The Beatles' "Don't Let Me Down", Duke Ellington's romantic "There Shall Be No Night", Bjork's tender "Mother Heroic", Peter Gabriel's spooky "We Do What We're Told (Miligram's 37)", and an alternate take of the soothing "Good Night" by The Beatles.