Lou Reed wrote "I'll Be Your Mirror" for Nico to sing on their 1967 debut album The Velvet Underground & Nico. This week's mix features a live version by Reed along with covers by Clem Snide and The Beatitudes to accompany the original.
"It's All Too Much" was written by George Harrison and appears on the 1969 Beatles album Yellow Submarine. This week's mix features covers by The Church and My Darling Clementine as well as the original.
One other song repeats this week: Flip Nunez's "See You Later", with a cover by Dave Mackay & Vicky Hamilton. The latter version is sampled in J Dilla's production of his brother Illa J's "Sounds Like Love" featuring Debi Nova.
The rest: the rare vocal take of "T" Stands For Trouble" by Marvin Gaye, Gang Starr's guitar-driven "Take A Rest", the chaotic "Joy" by Silver Daggers, the pleading "Start Over" by The Gatherers, the cocky "It's Mine" by Mobb Deep featuring Nas, My Bloody Valentine's dense "Loomer", the salvation-minded "When The Moon Drips Away Into Blood" by Taylor-Griggs Louisiana Melody Makers, a cover The The Rolling Stones' "Play With Fire" by the Beau Brummels, the resigned "Property" by The Kinks and a cover of Fleetwood Mac's "Gold Dust Woman" by Julia Holter.
I'll Be Your Mirror The Velvet Underground
See You Later Dave Mackay & Vicky Hamilton
"T" Stands For Trouble (unedited vocal ver) Marvin Gaye
Take A Rest Gang Starr
It's All Too Much The Beatles
Joy Silver Daggers
I'll Be Your Mirror (live) Lou Reed
Start Over The Gatherers
It's Mine Mobb Deep ft. Nas
Loomer My Bloody Valentine
It's All Too Much The Church
See You Later Flip Nunez
Sounds Like Love Illa J ft. Debi Nova
I'll Be Your Mirror Clem Snide
It's All Too Much My Darling Clementine
When The Moon Drips Away Into The Blood Taylor-Griggs Louisiana Melody Makers
Play With Fire The Beau Brummels
I'll Be Your Mirror The Beatitudes
Property The Kinks
Gold Dust Woman Julia Holter