"I Fall In Love Too Easily" was written by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn in 1944, and first recorded by Frank Sinatra the following year for the film Anchors Aweigh. It soon became a jazz standard and is perhaps most associated with Chet Baker's version from the following decade. This week's mix features his version as well as versions by Anita O'Day and The Bill Evans Trio.
"Never Had A Dream Come True" was first recorded by Stevie Wonder in 1967 but not realized until a few years later. This week features covers by Winston Francis and The Jackson 5 to accompany the original. One other Michael Jackson vocal appears on here: an outtake from his 1987 a bum Bad called "Fly Away".
One other song repeats across the mix: Neil Young's vocoder-enahnced "Computer Age", with a live cover by Sonic Youth.
The rest: the unhinged "Debaser" by The Pixies, Joe Coleman's percussive "I Wish I Could Sing", Bob Dylan's rambling "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream", Elizabeth Phillips' spiritual "A Little Old Fashioned", the cautionary "Funky Dividends" by Three Times Dope, the Al Green-esque "I Hate I Walked Away" by Syl Johnson, Madvillain's spacey "Great Day Today", Bunker Hill's frantic "The Girl Can't Dance", Nirvana's melodic "Drain You", a Boogie Down Productions remix of Steady B's "Serious", Broadcast's gentle ""Where Youth And Laughter Go" and the original album version of Led Zeppelin's eternal "Stairway To Heaven".
Debaser The Pixies
I Wish I Could Sing Joe Coleman
Bob Dylan's 115th Dream Bob Dylan
A Little Old Fashioned Elizabeth Phillips
Never Had A Dream Come True Stevie Wonder
I Fall In Love Too Easily Chet Baker
Funky Dividends Three Times Dope
I Hate I Walked Away Syl Johnson
Great Day Today Madvillain
The Girl Can't Dance Bunker Hill
Computer Age (live) Sonic Youth
Drain You Nirvana
Serious (BDP remix) Steady B
Never Had A Dream Come True Winston Francis
Fly Away Michael Jackson
I Fall In Love Too Easily Anita O'Day
Never Had A Dream Come True The Jackson 5
Computer Age Neil Young
Where Youth And Laughter Go Broadcast
I Fall In Love Too Easily Bill Evans Trio
Stairway To Heaven Led Zeppelin