"The Dolphins" was written by Fred Neil in 1966 for his eponymous second album. This week's mix features versions by Al Wilson, Linda Ronstadt and Richie Havens performing live.
"No One Knows I'm Gone" was first released on Tom Waits' 2002 album Alice. This week features the album version as well as a cover by The Unthanks from 2011 and a rare demo version by Waits recorded a decade before the album was released.
One other song repeats this week: Leonard Cohen's "Take This Longing", with a cover by Phil Campbell.
Kanye West's "Mercy" samples Fuzzy Jones' crazed vocal on Super Beagle's "Dust A Sound Boy".
The rest: an a cappella version of "The Bridge" by MC Shan, the organ-driven "When The Music's Over" by The Doors, a 1970 avant-garde version of the Duke Ellington standard "I've Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) by Archie Sheep with Chinalin Sharpe, the unreleased Nile Rodgers production "I Work For A Living" by Fonzi Thornton, the epic "100 Miles And Runnin'" by N.W.A., the catchy "Safety Net" by Shop Assistants, the mellow "Roses All Around" by Creme Soda, and Bruce Springsteen's melancholic "Nebraska".
The Bridge (a capella) MC Shan
No One Knows I'm Gone Tom Waits
When The Music's Over The Doors
I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) Archie Shepp & Chinalin Sharpe
Dust A Sound Boy Super Beagle
Mercy. 1 Kanye West w/ Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz
I Work For A Living (Nile Rodgers long ver) Fonzi Thornton
The Dolphins Al Wilson
100 Miles And Runnin' N.W.A.
Take This Longing Phil Campbell
The Dolphins Linda Ronstadt
Safety Net Shop Assistants
No One Knows I'm Gone The Unthanks
Roses All Around Creme Soda
The Dolphins (live) Richie Havens
Take This Longing Leonard Cohen
And No One Knows I'm Gone (demo) Tom Waits
Nebraska Bruce Springsteen