Thursday, April 9, 2009

04-07-05: I'm An Underlined Caret Bracket. Greater Than Or Equal To.

Johnny Ace's elegant ballad "Never Let Me Go" is here as well as a nice bootleg cover by Bob Dylan.  Two very different pieces by my favorite masked rapper, MF Doom are also on here: an atmospheric remix of "Hoe Cakes" by Jake One and a goofy Prince Paul production called "Hot Guacamole" featuring a hiarious and borderline annoying cameo from MC Paul Barman.  Prince Paul samples Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Down On The Corner", which follows on this mix.

Other stuff: Bob Dylan's take of the country standard "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know", Buddy Holly's rhythmic "Well..All Right", Weezer's catchy "Buddy Holly", Organized Konfusion's witty "Who Stole My Last Piece Of Chicken?", the funky "Straight Out The Jungle" by The Jungle Brothers", the even funkier "Rapp Payback (Where Iz Moses)" by James Brown, Etta James' Ray Charles cover "What'd I say", Barry White's instrumental snippet "Alive And Well from 'Together Brothers'", Ghostface Killah's swirling "Tooken Back" with Jackie-O, the defiant disco smash "Stayin' Alive" by The Bee Gees, a cover of The Police's "walking On The Moon" by The Pale, Jimi Hendrix's spacey "Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)", the long and thus goofier version of "FGloat On" by The Floaters, Bjork's take on the standrd ":I Can't Help Loving That Man", Aretha Franklin's sister Erma sining The Doors' hit "Light My Fire", Yeah Yeah Yeahs singer Karen O with the spooky "Hello Tomorrow", and a nice gospel version of "When The Saints Go Marching In" by Georgia Peach.

I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know Bob Dylan