This mix from a couple years ago starts off with a demo of "Readings In Astrology" by Curtis Mayfield. He reappears with the lush "So You Don't Love Me", and his "People Get Ready" is on here as a cover by The Everly Brothers.
"Universal Soldier" was written by Canadian songwriter Buffy Sainte-Marie and later gained popularity with a cover by Donovan. In addition to those, I have a version by Glen Campbell. Just for fun, I threw on "The Unknown Soldier" by The Doors. Let's see...2006, did we have a war going on?
The other repeating song this week is "Norwegian Wood", with three covers of the Beatles song by The Fiery Furnaces, Cornershop and Marshall Williams.
Other stuff: Cosmo Baker's mash-up of 50 Cent's G-Unit over beats by The Wu-Tang Clan, Masta Killa's swirling "Digi Warfare" featuring RZA and U God, 60s garage rock from The Harbinger Complex with "I Think I'm Down", a stripped down version of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Tears For Fears, early Motown single "Don't Be A Crybaby" by Joanne & The Triangles, Tom Mouton's full single mix of "More, More More" by adult film star Andrea True of Andrea True Connection, Michael McDonald's slinky "I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near), Marvin Gaye's suggestive "Since I Had You", Eugene McDaniel's funky "Jagger The Dagger", Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones with the rare album outtake "Dancing Girls", a cover of John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Road" by Toots & The Maytals, "One Single River" by Bob Dylan with The Band during his Basement Tape sessions, and Willie Nelson with a late period version of "On The Road Again".