This mix from three years ago is bookended by Otis Redding's obscure ballad "Remember Me". In addition to the original, I have Cat Power's anguished cover which might be my favorite vocal performance of hers.
Also on here twice is the overlooked Bob Dylan single "George Jackson", written about the convict who died in prison under murky and controversial circumstances. The two versions here are the acoustic version, which I love and the "big band" version complete with gospel back up singing, which I am sure will be playing when I pass onto the afterlife.
I've also include two different Dylan covers: "Tomorrow Is A Long Time" by his folk hero Odetta and "Tears Of Rage" performed by his ex-lover Joan Baez.
Sound Advice's "Ten Feng Shui Commandments" mashes up The Notrious B.I.G. over Gnarls Barkely. I also have the original Gnarls track "Feng Shui".
Other stuff: NIna Simone's cover of "Oooh Child" by The Five Stairsteps, 5o Cent's addictive "Best Friend", Donna Summer's decadent "Love To Love You Baby", Kool G Rap & DJ Polo's funky "It's A Demo", Led Zeppelin's unsubtle "Custard Pie", The Replacements' sole top 4o hit "I'll Be You", the poppy "Go All The Way" by The Rapsberries, a cover of The Impressions' "Choice Of Colors" by The Heptones, O.V. Wright's cover of Stevie Wonder's "I Don't Know Why", Johnny Cash's chipper "Guess Things Happen That Way", the anguished "We Will Not Be Lovers" by The Waterboys and a demo alternate version of "Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac.