Sunday, November 15, 2009

11-06-03: The Way I Act Don't Seem Like Me

This mix from six years ago kicks off with Ray Parker Jr.'s band Raydio and their funky awesome single "Jack And Jill".

I was apparently on both a big Zombies and Glen Campbell kick as they both appear on here more than once.  From the Zombies I have a BBC version of their hit "Tell Her No" as well as the hopeful "This Will Be Our Year".  From Glen Campbell, I have his early single "Guess I'm Dumb" as well as his cover of Otis Redding's "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay".

Also on here twice is Marvin Gaye, with two  versions of his hit "I Want You". One is the single and the other is a funky stripped-down "Vocal & Rhythm" take.

Other stuff: Prince's goofy "Emale", Barbara Mason's aching "Oh How It Hurts", Tommy Stinson with a live medley "Your Demise/Friday Night", Albert Hammond's mournful "It Never Rains In Southern California", the long album version of Malo's "Suavecito", Method Man's ominous "Biscuits", the icy "Emotional Rescue' by The Rolling Stones, Chris Norman and Suzi Quatro's hopeful "Stumblin' In", RZA's furious "A Day To God Is 1000 Years", an edited version of Pharoah Sanders' transcendent "The Creator Has A Master Plan" and Bob Marley's joyful "Thank You Lord". 

Jack And Jill Raydio