Saturday, November 7, 2009

10-30-08: You Don't Know What You Put Me Through

"London Crying" by The Who Boys is a mash up of The Beatles' "Cry Baby Cry" over "London Calling" by The Clash.

The rest of last year's mix: the autumnal "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon & Garfunkel, American Gypsy's heartfelt "Golden Ring", the heavy synthesizers of "Touch And Go" by The Cars, the determined "I Want To Be Loved" by Stevens & Foster, Pavement's noisy "Silence Kit", the demo rarity "I Love You" by The Velvet Underground, the melodic "If I Said" by The Darling Buds, DMX's defiant "Who We Be", Wee's funky "Do You Know", Boz Scaggs' sunny "What Can I Say", Xanadu's playful "Sure Shot", the bouncy "Can I Get Witcha" by The Notorious B.I.G., Dry Bread's soulful "Words To My Song", Alton Ellis' cover of Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose's "Too Late To Turn Back Now", Final Solution's pleading "We Can Work It Out", Duke Ellington's elegant "A Hundred Years Ago", Dusty Srpingfield's pretty "Je Ne Peux Pas T'en Vouloir", Nancy Wilson's cover of Bobbie Gentry's "Ode To Billie Joe", Tom Waits' biting "Who Are You", Steve Ketchen & The Kensignton Hillbillies' cover of The Clash's "Straight To Hell" and America's mellow "Ventura Highway".

Mrs. Robinson Simon & Garfunkel