This mix from a couple years ago features a number of alternate takes of Blondie's hit "Heart Of Glass". Originally titled "The Disco Song", the 1975 version is a bit reggae, the 1978 version more spiky guitar. I've also included an instrumental of the hit that is unmistakably disco.
The other repeating song this week is from Bob Dylan's Christian period: "What Can I Do For You?" In addition to his original, I've included Helen Baylor's gospel cover. The other Dylan cover on this mix is Jerry Garcia's live version of "Positively 4th Street".
Other stuff: Cold War diplomacy from Bo Diddley on "Mr. Khruschev", the mellow "Say You Will" by Sly & The Family Stone, Kashmere Stage Band's Sly Stone cover "Thank You", MF Doom alias Viktor Vaughn on "A Dead Mouse", Styx's epic "Lady", GZA with DJ Muggs on the dramatic "When The Fat Lady Sings", the haunting "Every Breath You Take" by The Police, Madlib's pastiche "Remix # 7", the swaggering "Trill" by Clipse, the anthemic "It's Only Rock 'N Roll (But I Like It)" by The Rolling Stones, Neil Young's rustic "Cripple Creek Ferry", and the gentle "End Of The War" by Winter Flowers.