Dobie Gray's "Drift Away" is featured on this week's mix with an a capella version as well as the original and covers by Hopeton Lewis, Jackie DeShannon, Rod Stewart and The Rolling Stones.
Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" is featured as well with covers by Radiohead and Rasputina.
I first heard the old standard "(I Wanna Go Where You Go) Then I'll Be Happy" on Bob Dylan's radio show, which featured a version by Jimmy Heap And The Melody Makers. Since then, I've tracked down versions, under slightly different titles, by Georgia Gibbs, Andy Kirk And His Twelve Clouds Of Joy, Josephine Baker, Peggy Lee and Tommy Dorsey. All of them are here.
The rest: Chicago's lush "Wishing You Were Here", Ice Cube's furious "Wicked", Carole King's foot-tapping "I Feel The Earth Move", Paul Westerberg's wistful "First Glimmer", Nas' nostalgic "Can't Forget About You", The Cure's sweet "Lovesong", and MF Grimm's politcally-charged "American Hunger (Lunch)".