Stevie Wonder's nostalgic "I Wish" is featured on this week's mix: in addition to the hit single, I have covers by The Players Association and keyboardist Travis Biggs, who cedes the vocals to female back-up singers.
More Motown-related music with the dreamy "We've Got A Way Out Love" by The Originals and a folky cover of The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by Mary McCaslin.
The other repeating song this week is one I'm surprised hasn't been covered by more artists: "Sara Smile" by Hall & Oates. On this mix, I have a soulful version by Latimore as well as a live version by Hall & Oates.
Other stuff: PP Arnold duetting with a young Rod Stewart on "Come Home Baby", Quasimoto's stoned "24-7" featuring Medaphoar, Ronnie Hudson's proto hip hop "West Coast Poplock", the early demo "Guaranteed Raw" by a teenaged Notorious B.I.G., 999's spiky "Homicide", Tex Ritter's morose "You Two Timed Me One Time Too Often", the blissful "Come On" by The Jesus & Mary Chain", Lou Reed's reflective "Endless Cycle", Sonny Boy Williamson's pleading "This Is My Apartment", the all-star cast of Outkast's "Hollywood Divorce" with Lil' Wayne and Snoop Dogg, Shad's determined "Wild" and the atmospheric "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins.